As your Ancaster representative on Hamilton City Council, I want to welcome you to my website. This site is updated regularly so there’s always a lot to see and learn about what’s going on in our community – news, sports, recreation, and general interest. As always, I encourage you to contact me so we can ensure this website is vibrant and, remains a valuable communication tool with the residents of Ancaster.
As our village has grown substantially over the years, where our population now stands at approximately 34,000, so too has its character. With changing demographics, more and more Ancaster residents today are living here but working elsewhere. This dynamic has tremendous impacts on the services we provide and the transportation routes we design in and around the City.
Navigating through my site, you will see that I write a monthly column in the Ancaster News. This column is intended to inform you of events going on in our community as well as a forum for me to comment on decisions coming out of City Council that affect us all as taxpayers and business owners.
As a businessman throughout my career, I am results-oriented. I always look for the best outcome at the best cost. In government, and as your Ancaster representative, I bring that business acumen to the City Council table and work in your best interests. As you will see here, I am proud of working for you on a variety of projects that affect how we live, work and play in Ancaster.
Working together for Ancaster!
Every year, I set priorities for myself that will ensure a sustainable community where businesses can thrive and families can enjoy quality recreational and municipal services. Over the past seven years, we have achieved a lot together.
In municipal service delivery…
- New Emergency Services Station 20 at Garner Road and Kitty Murray Lane
- Approval of the Ancaster Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) as a blueprint for capital projects like road maintenance and sidewalk improvements in the town
- Kilometres of resurfaced neighbourhood roads and sidewalks
- Roundabouts at Wilson Street and Shaver Road
- Aerial spray program to combat Gypsy moth infestation
- Re-development of Ancaster Square
- New sign bylaw limiting use of portable signs
- Relocation/redevelopment of Ancaster Fairgrounds
- Reconstruction of Wilson St from Fiddlers Green to Rousseaux including Award Winning Gateway feature
- Gateway feature on Wilson at Montgomery
- Path to Fieldcote from Wilson St.
- Renovation and addition to Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre
In sport and recreational services…
- Completion of the twin-pad at the Morgan Firestone Arena (Official Opening – October 2011)
- New soccer dome at Redeemer University College for use by Ancaster Soccer Club (Official Opening – October 2011)
- Heritage restoration of Hammill House as new home to Ancaster Minor Sports Association offices
- 3 new soccer pitches on Jerseyville Road
- Major renovations to the Ancaster Little League Park
- Renovations to Tisdale House for new Police Museum and Community Policing Centre
- Opening of the new Moorland Park in the Meadowlands
- Approval of the first supervised outdoor playground for Ancaster in Village Green Park
- Renovations to the Ancaster Aquatic Centre and Lions Outdoor Pool
- Naming of the Robert E. Wade Community Park
- Spray Pad and Pergola – Village Green Park
- Reconstruction and addition of new Tennis Courts – Village Green Park
- New clubhouses for Lawn Bowling and Tennis at Village Green Park
- Purchase of Memorial School to covert to an Arts and Cultural Centre with seniors housing and more core parking
In business and taxpayer protection…
- Member of the Planning Committee that set the strategy for the Red Hill Business Park – home to Maple Leaf Foods, Hamilton’s 3rd largest private employer
- Attracted business to the Sold Out Ancaster Business Park (example: $30-million Tim Hortons coffee roaster plant)
- Chaired City Hall renovations – completed ahead of time and under budget
- Instrumental in the formation of the Ancaster Heritage Village Business Improvement Area (BIA)
- Advocate for New City Official Plan that preserved our heritage features
- Chair of Hamilton Police Service Board
- Chair of Pan Am Stadium Subcommittee
About Lloyd Ferguson
I am a lifelong Ancaster resident and have served my community in a variety of roles with not-for-profit groups and organizations, including the Hamilton Region Conservation Authority , Hamilton Utilities Corporation (2000-2004) and Hamilton Health Sciences. My previous political experience includes terms as Ancaster Town Councillor (1984-1994) and the Wentworth County Board of Education (1981-1984). In my professional life I was president of one local, two provincial and one national association.
My wife Martha and I have three grown daughters: Jennifer, Leigh and Erin. I retired as the General Manager of Dufferin Construction after 32 years.